Thursday, September 16, 2010

My First Date...:-)


{This was my idea for my 1st date as i thought of so many things that could go wrong and in the end turned in my favour. enjoy!!!;-)}
It was a sunny morning,
The stocks were high in rate,
But the most important thing that day
Was my first date.

Though the time was not till a moonlit night,
I was thinking, I was late,
For many things I had to set right,
Before tonight, I ate.

It all begins with a dress,
That I should or should not wear,
As my sister launches suggestions,
Oh! I can simply stare.

Not less than a supermodel,
Was my state of affairs,
Even the maid’s got time to watch,
Such sites, of course, are rare.

And then the time has come,
For me to roar and glare,
To shunt every thought aside,
I’ve gotta get something to wear.

And after seems like an eternity,
Cool attire, that’s mine
With lovely eyes & chubby cheeks,
I’m finally ready to dine.

Thinking on the roads alone,
How sweet will be a date of mine?
What she’ll wear, will our rhythms rhyme,
I’ve gotta get there by nine.

Avoiding the puddles on the street as
O Heavens it begins to rain,
If I get an untidy here,
Of course, it is my bane.

Instead I stared at stars that night,
They appeared so out of place.
With something cold just hit me thrice,
They just vanished without a trace.

After drying my glasses on a cloth, unclean,
I was soaked muddy till my sock,
I couldn’t remember the colour I wore,
Its entire glaze was locked.

With my joy and happiness packed off to hell,
I decided to take a chance,
I entered the dining place as shy,
I was a laughing stock.

And in those faces, I saw a face,
That summoned my smiles from hell’s gates,
There she sat, my once pretty date,
Giggling, in the same sorry state . . . !


Arsh.

3 comments:

  1. he he :-) thanks saroj...
    btw wrote this one long back:-)and then posted it on the notice board in B.J and amongst the ppl those who read this one, one was a teacher. ani then it was really funny viva:-)
    Arsh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol..i know..this is hilarious..i loved this one..super poem..very cute n innocent too :))
    namrata

    ReplyDelete
  3. he he. thanks a lot nams.:-) innocent ahe na! tech tar. i am very innocent:-P...
    Regards,
    Arsh.

    ReplyDelete