Wednesday, September 15, 2010

If Only...


{I was inspired to write this poem due to a movie i saw that goes by the same name. The thought that what you may go through when you know that you are not goin to be there for someone you love is painful. And it does indeed make you a better person...}

If only, I would have known,
Where this day was leading to,
If only, I could have seen, once more,
In her eyes crystal blue.
The love that I had in me,
The happiness that I wanted to share,
And her smile’s what I wanted to see,
If only, once more, I would have stared.

Only love I wanted to give,
But I did hurt her heart somewhere.
Her feelings I failed to understand,
Got lost in my world, though couldn’t bear,
Strange, but a chance is all we get,
If only, I would have grabbed it, right then,
Could have stopped her, when she left,
She left, that I couldn’t see her again.

If only time turns back again,
So I can tell her how much I cared.
If only I can get a day or two,
Or even a moment with her, spare.
The pain that I feel now,
I just cry in despair.
If only, its just a dream, and that
I’ll wake up again in her arms, aware . . .


Arsh.

4 comments:

  1. Heyyyy Superbbb...
    I had a chunk in my throat yaar... I loved the last paragraph...
    Amazing write up... More than If Only, it reminded me Shael’s Album song Soniye Hiriye... it has this exact story into it… :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks aparana:-)... i am glad u liked the poem. And yes i do remember this song that you have mentioned:-). also the movie had such a great impact on me. i cud feel better only when i had written this one:-). thanks for ur review.
    Regards,
    Arsh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh myy goshh
    really brought tears in my eyes..
    reminded me of the movie..such a beautiful movie n such a splendid poem..
    sensitivity love passion regret... it has it all..
    khup chhan ahe yar..
    loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks oshonica. i have tried to do justice to my thoughs (as well as my connection with the writer of If Only...) here, a lot of them, i had, after i watched this story unfold... a truely beautiful experience...
    Thanks for ur reveiw nams.
    i remember of havin called you and troubled u after watchin this:-)he he
    Regards,
    Arsh.

    ReplyDelete