Saturday, September 11, 2010

IDENTITY...


{This is a poem for the new year 09, in hope to correct all the mistakes we’ve made in the past year, To discover the faith we have lost, to find hope, in an attempt to rebuild a future, so strong,That it cannot be shattered by differences of few...} ... Arshaj


Long time has passed,
For me to reach the place I wished
To see someday, rising above the rays
Of the sun, long time has passed,
I know I saw a reason,
To believe what I can be someday,
Just fell behind in this race,
I guess my eyes fell asleep.

Just a shadow of thorns, I see
I knew I’d feel the pain again,
In an attempt, I fade, I die,
To find my identity.
How did I find my way,
To this forbidden city?
Or was I destined to see the fall,
Of man, Oh! What a pity.

As a new day dawns, it burns
My eyes, to see the ruins we’ve made.
And slowly the lights of even stars,
Now begins to fade.
Woken up, to who I am,
I can rehabilitate, or Stand a watch over
The withered leaves and shooting stars,
And we share the same fate...


.....Arsh.

2 comments:

  1. very very deep.. we all go through this phase hence one can easily connect..i loved it for the topic it deals with! plus as a poem, it's really beautiful..
    nams

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks saroj, nams....:-) glad u liked the poem..
    Regards,
    Arsh.

    ReplyDelete