Saturday, October 23, 2010

Nights of the Rising Sun...

No  star  is  shining  bright  enough,
To  bring  me  light  this  night.
No  sun  can  rise  before  the  dawn,
To  take  away  my  frights.
But  still  I  wait, strong  and  straight,
Drying  up  all  my  tears.
A  fear  of  losing  it  all, I  hate,
Fear, above  all  Fears.

There  are  no  dreams, I  haven’t  dreamt,
But  closer  to  none, I  am.
Obstacles, no  matter, come  what  may,
I  do  not  give  a  damn.
Since  then  I  face, the  Flashes  of  Fate,
With  smile  on  my  face  and  fun.
I  wait . . . Against  my  will, I  wait,
For  the  Nights  of  the  Rising  Sun.

Against  my  will, but  hope  it  is,
That  cradles  me  from  the  rough.
My  mind  says  so, I’ll  see  the  rays.
Victory  over  the  dark   isn’t  that  tough.
Though  if  somehow  the  Dark  survives,
This  night, just  like  some.
I’ll  move  along  just  as  I  say,
Tough  Times  are  still  to  come . . . ! 

Arsh. 

4 comments:

  1. thanks a lot ritu:-) long time no c on blogger:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice poem arshaj. it might sound odd but my fav line of the poem is - 'i don't give a damn'. why? it's best to live in present. torturing ourselves when things don't exactly our way is the most foolish thing to do. its almost tantamount to committing a sin, if you will. so let's just keep working towards what we want without wasting time and tears over things that go wrong. things have a tendency of going wrong.the world is a funny place.without its ups n downs, it will become soooo boring..just my opinion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you nams.... Hardships are essential. We might forget the importance of life without them.....
    Regards,
    Arsh.

    ReplyDelete