Friday, November 19, 2010

One Tree Hill...

{Wrote this one long time back. haven't edited it}

I  am  sitting  alone  on  a  hill,
Just  one  tree  beside,
I’m  watching  it  all  the  time,
Its  making  me  cry.
The  way  it  is, standing  as
Lonely  as  me.
Starring  towards  empty  skies,
Expecting  to  see . . .

For  the  birds  that  once,
Flew  around, all  happy  they  be,
And  in  the  night  he  says,
“They  all  rested  on  me.”
How  a  similar  condition,
We  both  are  in, you  see.
These  eyes  are  now  searching  for,
A  moment  of  glee . . .

It  is  just  a  hill.
It  ends  in  the  world  of  tree.
But  beyond  it, I  know,
There’s  a  world  for  me.
Afraid  I  am  once  again,
To  step  in  that  place,
On  empty  streets, an  empty  heart,
And  a  puzzled  looking  face....

Arsh.

1 comment:

  1. ohh..this is deep..silently reliving the pains of past..hurt somewhere deep down.i could imagine it all in my head.beautifully structured.the killing loneliness is almost palpable..a very beautiful work arsh..loved it..
    nams

    ReplyDelete